Sunday, February 7, 2010

What type of paint could I use to paint clear glass bottles? And where could I buy it?

I have these great clear glass bottles from Arizona green tea. I want to paint them but I want the paint to be transparent so they catch the light like stained glass.





What do I buy to to this? Can anyone tell me the exact type of paint and maybe a link?





Iike from Pearlpaint.com


or somewhere





help? thanks!What type of paint could I use to paint clear glass bottles? And where could I buy it?
I've used Pebeo paints, but I didn't use transparent type. But I'm willing to be they make it. You can buy the paints at Aaron Brothers, Michaels, artists supply stores. You bake it in your oven, usually on the outside of the glass to be safer for food service glass pieces.What type of paint could I use to paint clear glass bottles? And where could I buy it?
This info is on michael's website





http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displ鈥?/a>





They probably sell some supplies if they have the info on their website. I used to work for a glass place that did stained glass, so I know there are special paints for glass. some need to be fired, some don't. When you pick your paint have in mind whether you want to be able to eat with and wash or cook with this glass, or if it's just decoration.





You could also try to find a place that sells stained glass supplies or something like that.
Alcohol ink will remain transparent. You can get alcohol ink at most craft stores, stamp stores and probably some scrapbook stores. Right now they are on sale at www.joann.com . Here is the link that tells more about them:


http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_alcoholink_adirondack.htm
You'll need glass paints (that is a general industry term for thin paints that let light through) and an outliner (thicker black paint that emulates the lead frame on a stained glass window). You can probably find them in your local hobby supplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment