Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to clean clear glass Pyrex dishes with baked on grease?

How do I clean these dishes? I have several and they have the baked on grease... I have tried to scrub them with a scotch bite scrubber and even put a bit of oven cleaner on them to try and help, but does any one have any other ideas or suggestions to help me?How to clean clear glass Pyrex dishes with baked on grease?
Hello :-)





Fill your pyrex 1/2 or more and add some Dawn.


Micorwave the Pryex with the solution for a minute or so.


As the solution heats, it will remove most of the grease, and the rest will clean easily off after removing from the microwave.





I love this trick, and also use it for baked on pots and pans, except instead of microwaving, I place the water and Dawn and heat up on the stove for a bit. So easy.





Happy cooking!How to clean clear glass Pyrex dishes with baked on grease?
you can also use oven cleaner spray on, let soak,wipe off,rinse but that dawn thing is cool I'll try that myself

Report Abuse



barkeepers freind and a scrub pad works great. BKF is the best all around cleaner on the market, every house should have a can.

Report Abuse



The answer from 'myanswer4' works great. I've used that method for years. Eliminates all that hard scrubbing which is hard on you and the dishes, pots, pans, etc.
dawn power disolver and sos pads work great..
Did you use Easy Off Oven Cleaner in the yellow can? It's the only one that worked for me. the new types (fumeless) are worthless.
put bleach in them and let soak overnight, then wash them in the morning using a scotch brite pad, has worked for me......Good Luck
And yet again another use for my favorite multi-use cleaning product,'; Barkeepers friend';. First wet the dish and sprinkle cleanser and work in a firm circular motion (I prefer a dish washing brush) rinse and repeat if necessary,this is tried and true it will even remove baked on gunk from the stove. Happy cleaning!! Oh by the way you can find this at K-mart and some grocery stores. It's totally safe on glass.
Dawn and green scrubbies, lot's of elbow grease.
gently use a S.o.S. pad - works like a charm! (very cheap too!)
Use a granulated dishwasher detergent like Cascade, apply right to the grease stains, make a thin paste with some water and scrub with a chore boy or SOS sponge. Make sure you rinse well.





Baking soda works well, too, but usually sprinkling in the pan, adding water and cooking over the stove until it gets cooked off. Not to mention a lot of scrubbing afterwards.





The Cascade option works well and works fast.
Try Dawn Power Dissolver. That stuff is amazing. I cannot live without it.
Dawn Power Dissolver spray. Its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment