Thursday, February 18, 2010

What happens when you put a piece of paper between 2 pieces of clear glass to put in a kiln??

I'm trying to make board game pieces and want them to be glass {I have to put paper in them}.What happens when you put a piece of paper between 2 pieces of clear glass to put in a kiln??
When paper is fired the heat is so intense that it doesn't burn up. Instead it turns into powder/ash.


Between 2 pieces of glass it might be held in tact when the glass is melted but I've never tried it.


I've worked with a stained glass maker before and what they use is glassline paint http://www.southernfront.com/glass2006/e鈥?/a>





Here's an example of a piece I made:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/23902186@N0鈥?/a>





The eyes and mouth are both painted using glassline paint.What happens when you put a piece of paper between 2 pieces of clear glass to put in a kiln??
I'm pretty sure the paper would get burned up by the intense heat in the kiln. Try some kind of paint or glaze that is made for kiln-firing instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment