Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why should milk not be stored in clear glass bottles?

I remember something about that, heard it on the news I think - evidently some vitamins are reduced from exposure to the florescent lights they use in the grocery stores, but if they use an opaque container (the plastic milk jugs or paper cartons) the effect the light has on the vitamins is eliminated.





This article: http://www.allbusiness.com/manufacturing鈥?/a> goes on to talk about how lights effects on vitamins is stronger in skim milk than in whole milk.





Personally I don't know how much is reduced - and I remember the good old days when milk came in a heavy glass bottle. We would go to the dairy directly to get milk and bring back the empty bottles to be sterilized and re-used. Seemed milk tasted better out of those big bottles! But I bet I'm just being nostalgic.Why should milk not be stored in clear glass bottles?
I give up... why? That's how they were delivered for decades and decades. I think glass bottles are preferable to wax cartonsWhy should milk not be stored in clear glass bottles?
it goes bad faster becacause it get collder and the sun can hit it more making it bad
its breakable
light! spoils milk faster.
what gave you that idea? glass is heavy and very breakable hence the plastic
idk, i guess cuz if you drop it it will explode

No comments:

Post a Comment