Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is there an easy/fast way to remove clear protective film from new french doors with several glass panels?

use a blow drier just heat up the film only a couple seconds then use a knife (utility) or your fingerIs there an easy/fast way to remove clear protective film from new french doors with several glass panels?
Goop Off will do it greatIs there an easy/fast way to remove clear protective film from new french doors with several glass panels?
I have used a razor to remove the clear plastic and then wipe the glass with a glass cleaner it has done the trick for me in the past. Good luck!!
When I do this I use a razor blade scraper, NOT a utility knife! Also, heating it up may leave a mess of sticky glue residue. I scrape as much as I can with the scraper, then I soak a rag with a solvent like paint thinner or Goof Off, and rub away any glue residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment