Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Princess House glass is cloudy, is there any way to clear it?

I have a set of Princess House ice tea glasses, retired pattern. One glass all of a sudden turned cloudy, and I don't know how to get the crystal clear again or even why it happened. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!My Princess House glass is cloudy, is there any way to clear it?
If you have been running them through the dishwasher, they could be permanently etched and there is no way to remove it. You can test that however because if it is only a build up of mineral deposits from hard water white vinegar will remove it (so will CLR, but vinegar is way cheaper). Just fill a container with 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 hot water, then submerge the glasses in the solution and soak overnight. If the cloudiness disappears, it is mineral deposits and if it doesn't they are etched.My Princess House glass is cloudy, is there any way to clear it?
A dishwasher will do that to glasses sometimes. Only my newest ones are still clear, but I have a better dishwasher now.

No comments:

Post a Comment