Sunday, February 7, 2010

Name and where to get clear glass that frosts when current passed through it?

Hello...





I am trying to find details of a modern glass suitable for use in a bathroom that is clear but that will also frost over when, I believe, an electrical current is passed through it.





In essense, the glass is in its static state see-through however if the bathroom is to be used a switch is flicked and the glass clouds/frosts.





The question is, can anyone tell me the correct name of this glass, where I might source it , and maybe even any iternet sites that have details of it?





Thanks for any information.Name and where to get clear glass that frosts when current passed through it?
I'm also an electrician!! and I have heard of it. I think its called 'Smart Glass' it will be expensive and could be embarrasing if you get a power cut! I think it it goes dark rather than frosts over as it's liquid crystal. LCD





Try here...http://www.smartglassinternational.com/i…Name and where to get clear glass that frosts when current passed through it?
I'm an electrician and I can say I have never heard of it
French company Saint-Gobain produces an “intelligent” glass called Privalite, which can be switched from an ordinary-looking clear glass to a foggy-looking frosted glass by running an electrical current over a polymer liquid-crystal film sandwiched between two plates of glass.





scraped from the website below. smartglass is the google keyword. there are commercially available windows and doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment