Thursday, February 18, 2010

I have demo eye glasses w/clear glass. I noticed when I wear them my eyes strain. should that happen w/ demos?

I thought that clear glass it would not even make a difference to my eyes. I dont need eye glasses to see but I wanted to wear them occasionally.I have demo eye glasses w/clear glass. I noticed when I wear them my eyes strain. should that happen w/ demos?
Demo lenses are not made to be optically correct...hence the name demonstration. They are mainly used to keep the frame from losing shape, and also at times for sizing prescription lenses.





The only time a ';demo'; lens will have be optically correct is when you purchase a good pair of sunglasses.





Hope that helps.I have demo eye glasses w/clear glass. I noticed when I wear them my eyes strain. should that happen w/ demos?
Those clear lenses might have some distortion in them. Hold them away from you, move them around and see if there's any waviness when you look through them.
There may be no Rx in those glasses but there are still effects caused by the curves of the lenses, the tilt of the glasses, and reflections etc. even if they are ground perfectly.
that is perfectly natural, its your eyes trying to adjust and get better. if your eyes start to hurt take them off for an hour and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment